Here is another opportunity to lend your time and talents to your community. The Town of Fort Erie is served not only by elected officials as well as volunteers through its various boards and committees.
The Fort Erie Museum & Cultural Heritage Advisory Committee (MCHAC) is seeking volunteers to form a Built Heritage Working Group. Volunteers with architectural and/or building construction knowledge are sought to undertake the following tasks under the guidance of the Chair, in support of the MCHAC Municipal Heritage Sub-Committee:
- Identify and research properties of a heritage and/or architectural interest.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of heritage properties inventories.
- Conduct heritage property evaluations to support designation approvals.
- Input to designations development workplans.
- Attend and participate in working group meetings.
- Participate in annual designated building inspections.
Knowledge of Fort Erie’s history and cultural development would be beneficial. A keen interest is essential.
Volunteers are asked to contact Keith Overend, Chair, Municipal Heritage Sub-Committee at 905-894-8042 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an expression of interest in writing outlining your applicable knowledge and experience to:
Town of Fort Erie
1 Municipal Centre Drive
Fort Erie, ON L2A 2S6
Attention: Keith Overend, Chair, Municipal Heritage Sub-Committee
by Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 4:00 p.m. General enquiries/questions can be sent to: FortErieHeritage@gmail.com