The Town of Fort Erie has initiated the Fort Erie Waterfront Strategy. The Planning Partnership is the consulting firm that has been hired to prepare the Waterfront Strategy working in collaboration with the Town. An extensive public consultation process is planned for this project, which will include input from a Community Focus Group selected by Council, one-on-one stakeholder interviews, and public workshops.
One-on-One stakeholder interviews are scheduled for January 11th, 2016; if interested, please email email@example.com These are being scheduled by appointment between 9:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Public Workshop #1-Town of Fort Erie Leisureplex, Banquet Hall, February 9, 2016 at 6:00 p.m: for more information please contact Dave Heyworth, Manager-Land Use Policy (905-871-1600. ext. 2504)- DHeyworth@town.forterie.on.ca
The Strategy will :
- Identify opportunities for the creation of new destinations and enhancement of existing destinations;
- include high level conceptual master plans for two priority enhancement areas with a focus on economic development and tourism;
- Identify important vistas and methods to protect same;
- Identify areas that may be appropriate for residential and tourist commercial intensification and suitable form;
- Consider and integrate work on Bay Beach Master Plan in to the Strategy;
- Provide an inventory of existing destinations and attributes including boating, fishing and bird watching, as well as supporting facilities for destinations;
- Include a Conceptual Land Use Plan that supports the Strategic Vision;
- Propose a method to identify, monitor and plan for the acquisition of waterfront lands;
- Protect and enhance the natural environment;
- Identify waterfront connections to the business districts and neighbourhoods; and
- Contain an action plan prioritizing short, medium and long term objectives and projects with a monitoring framework and responsible champions to move the Strategy forward.
Admin Reports CDS-64-2015 and CDS-58-2015 provide information on the framework for the Waterfront Strategy. Report CDS-86-2015 deals with the appointment of the Community focus Group.
Note Report CDS-86-2015 was approved by Council with the addition of Mr. Filipowicz to the Community Focus Group