MEDIA RELEASE (Aug. 29, 2017) During last night’s Council meeting, Council directed staff to update the proposed newly expanded bus routes to include a stop on Walmart property. Therefore, the Town will be postponing the launch of Fort Erie’s route expansion from Monday, Sept. 5 to Monday, Oct. 2.
Over the next four weeks, Staff will be re-evaluating route connection timing in order to incorporate the Walmart bus stop into the new bus route. To accomplish this, Town Council and Staff will be working closely with its Transit Advisory Committee to determine an optimal route to ensure connections are available. Once a new route is established, the Town will alter the transit infrastructure (i.e. bus stops) accordingly.
Some key highlights regarding the enhancements to the Town’s transit system include:
· A new three route system and service expansion
· A main bus hub to be located on the Town municipal site at the Leisureplex
· Extended hours of conventional and specialized transit service
· Both audio and visual pre-boarding and onboard announcements of routes and stops
· Introduction of new smart card fare products
For more information about the upcoming transit enhancements, please contact Carla Stout, Transit Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-871-1600, ext. 2401.
– 30 –
Contact: Janine Tessmer, Communications Advisor
Phone: 905-871-1600, ext. 2217