In a couple weeks, the Town of Fort Erie will start the long-anticipated renovation of the Bay Beach site.
During construction, the beach access at Eastwood Avenue will be closed to the public, including parking. Those looking to access the beach can enter through Ashwood Avenue. Parking and temporary washrooms will be available at the Town parking lots north of Erie Road and the Crystal Beach Hill Cottagers Organization parking lot.
Once complete, Bay Beach will be transformed into a community park that will offer the following amenities:
- Multipurpose festival square
- Open air pavilion for gatherings and events,
- Washrooms, lockers and change rooms
- Accessible ramps to the beach
- Terrance deck overlooking the beach and water
- New playground, open play area and shade pergola
- Sidewalks connecting the beach to parking and the local commercial district
Visit forterie.ca for more information about the park improvements.