Last night, the Town of Fort Erie Response Team (FERT) reported major flooding events throughout Fort Erie:
- Point Abinio Road flooded around 11 p.m. with no access on Point Abino Road from Michener south due to down lines, trees and water.
- Heavy flooding along Six Mile Creek closing Thunder Bay Road
- Lakeshore Road had heavy flooding. However, most water receded by 3 a.m.
- Heavy flooding was reported along the Niagara Parkway and Niagara River Parkway. The water receded at approximately 3 a.m. but it is still extremely high at the lake and river.
- Mathers Arch and South side of Parkway between Beatrice Street and the Old Fort has flooded as of this morning.
According to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Lake Erie waves approached 15 feet and wind speeds reached 115 km / hour according to Environment Canada.
In addition to flooding, FERT responded to 40 emergency calls; with the greatest majority being fallen trees (30+) on hydro lines. Some areas of Town are still experiencing power outages. Power outage updates can be found via twitter at @CNPpower. The CNP website (www.cnpower.com) also displays a twitter feed for those who do not use twitter.