FORT ERIE (July 23, 2020) The Government of Ontario has announced that the Niagara Region will move into Stage 3 this Friday, July 24, 2020 at 12:01am.
Starting Friday, all playgrounds in municipal parks in Fort Erie will reopen with new signage to indicate health and safety guidelines for play. The Town asks that users respect and adhere to the following requirements and guidelines that remain in place to stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Physical distance by remaining 2 metres (6 feet) apart from others outside of your social circle at all times;
- If the playground is busy, please delay your visit or consider using another available park or amenity until children can use the playground equipment safely while physical distancing;
- If there are users waiting to access a playground, please rotate so that all children may benefit from access to the space;
- Use proper hand hygiene, do not touch your face while on playground structures and do not share sports equipment or toys;
- Children and adults should wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and/or sanitize hands BEFORE and AFTER using the playground. Be especially vigilant about blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; and
- Please stay home if you are ill.
Fort Erie is also planning to re-open other facilities, including Town Hall, the Leisureplex and Crystal Ridge Arena at a later date. Safety measures, new protocols following public health guidelines and inspections are currently under way. More information to be released.
For information about the EJ Freeland Centre, please visit www.boysandgirlsclubniagara.org.
For more information on the list of businesses and services permitted to open, please visit: www.ontario.ca/page/frameworkreopening-our-province-stage-3.
To read more about the Town’s COVID-19 response, please visit https://covid19.forterie.ca.